Do you often feel irritable and restless during the day?
Do you indulge in unhealthy eating habits that cause lethargy and fatigue?
Every working professional faces a common problem. It’s the time factor. Whatever we do in a day, we can’t get rid of the time factor. Whether it’s a home-based business or a 9-5 job, we have our work cut out to complete in a stipulated time frame. The same goes for your nutrition too!
We must keep consuming proper nutrition in the very stipulated time frame of our work hours. Nowadays, due to fast-paced lifestyles and heavy workload stress, many people have started experiencing various health issues. . The most common health issues are obesity, joint pain, inflammation, constipation, hypertension, and exhaustion.
Everyone needs a healthy breakfast!
Your whole day is spent chiefly on working, running errands, commuting, rushing, doing things. As a working professional, you often forget the purpose of doing all these: healthy and peaceful well-being. As business professionals, we must ensure we take good care of ourselves. After all, a healthy body enables you to perform your best in all your activities.
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but we often skip it and then feel tired, hungry, and irritable. Breakfast should be rich in proteins and carbohydrates, which help sustain energy. Skipping breakfast can lead to overeating and weight gain later. To avoid this, have a bowl of cereal or a glass of milk. Also, have high fiber cereals such as bran flakes, oatmeal, and granola, which will keep you full for longer.
- Have nuts and fruits for breakfast: Almonds are rich in protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats. Eat two almonds a day.
- Before working out, have fresh fruits, such as apples, bananas, grapes, and oranges, full of vitamins and minerals.
- Have coconut water after a workout.
- Have whole-grain slices of bread and whole wheat chapatis, which provide complex carbohydrates.
- Include eggs in breakfast: Eggs contain protein, iron, zinc, and selenium. Have boiled eggs with toast for breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner are of equal importance
One of the great things about variety in foods is that you can eat whatever you want. You can eat a lot of junk, and it’s no worse for you than eating fresh vegetables.
This is a considerable disadvantage. One reason diets fail is that most of us are addicted to food. We eat out of habit, not hunger. First of all, it’s essential to eat enough calories. A working professional must divide the remainder of his meals into a mid-day meal, lunch, evening snack, and Dinner.
- For a mid-day meal, consuming nuts or seeds is essential.
- A regular Indian diet of dal, chawal, roti, chutney, and salad works well for lunch.
- Your evening snack and tea can be however you like it best. You can have guava, apple, chana, murmure, or sprouts in the evening.
- Although skipping Dinner reduces weight, it weakens muscle mass. Therefore, a simple meal comprising vegetable soup, vegetable, roti, or dal and chapati can be eaten.
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water in short breaks to keep yourself hydrated.
If we eat healthy food at the right time, we won’t need to resort to unhealthy foodstuffs. Habits like eating and working out every day dramatically affect the well-being and productivity of work professionals. But this doesn’t mean one has to take it as a burden. Make healthy habits a routine to achieve your health goal at the end of your target. With a busy routine it is challenging to keep a check on your diet chart. Click on *book your consultation link* to consult with our expert, Doctor Sheenu Sanjeev, and stay fit and healthy.